If you’ve been following my blog I’m sure you’ve seen my amazing Snickerdoodle Cupcakes. If not go check ‘em out, they’re perfection. Back to the cookies. With it being Christmas time and all, snickerdoodles have been on my mind lately, but not just any old thin, crunchy snickerdoodle; I want a nice fluffy perfect snickerdoodle blasting with cinnamon sugar flavor, which is exactly what these bad boys are!
You can thank the baking soda and cream of tartar for the extra fluffy texture…the secret to perfect snickerdoodles is cream of tartar. Some recipes for snickerdoodles don’t have cinnamon in the dough itself but I had to add it to the dough to get that cinnamon flavor all through the cookie. I love cinnamon so much! <3
Make sure you get a nice thick coating of the cinnamon/sugar mixture!
1) You just cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is pretty smooth and the sugar is incorporated into the butter. If the sugar doesn’t get broken down you will end up with flat crunchy cookies. Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract and beat that all together. Then in another bowl you combine all of the dry ingredients, making sure they’re all incorporated. Very slowly add that mixture to the wet mixture on low-medium speed until everything is combined and you have a very thick cookie dough.
2) Almost time to get them in the oven! But first make the best part: the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Combine the cinnamon and sugar then form about 34 cookie dough balls (depending on the size) and roll them in the mixture. Bake them for about 10-13 minutes (no longer). If you want a softer cookie go for 10 minutes and if you like a little crunch go for 13. I love them both ways so I did one batch soft, one batch crunchy.
It’s as simple as that! These babies will definitely be present in my house this holiday season!
Click below for the printable.
For the cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temp
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3¾ cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons cream of tartar
1½ teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
For the topping
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large sheet pan/pans* with a silicone baking pad or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Make the dough by creaming the butter and sugar in a stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer on medium-high speed until creamed, add the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl making sure everything is incorporated.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet on low to medium speed until combined.
5. Make the topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Form the dough into 2 Tablespoon-sized balls. I use a small ice cream scoop (they don’t have to be perfect). Roll them in the topping, making sure the cookies get coated completely. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or until lightly golden and fluffy.
7. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then remove them from the baking sheet and leave them on the cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
*Note: Make sure your cookie sheets are completely cool before baking another batch.
If you wish to use any content or images please get my permission at Bellabakesblog@gmail.com If you do use any content please link it back to my blog Bellabakes.net Thank you.
Feel free to email me anytime with any questions or concerns!
Have a wonderful day!
If you’re into snickerdoodles this holiday season check out my